Thursday, February 26, 2009

Photobooths vs. Polaroids part II

A couple weeks after my post about DIY Polaroid booths being better than Photobooths, one of my favorite blogs posted a similar entry to her 2000 dollar wedding blog. Sara even took it a step further by posting a link for to different set of instructions for building your own photobooth! *

To add to my thoughts on this subject; if you are worried about the quality of photos from the Polaroids cameras and the photography skills of your guests, it doesnt hurt to ask your wedding photographer if they offer a photobooth option. You wont receive instant prints but the portraits will be professional and photographers are great at coaxing people into fun, expressive shots. You'll pay an extra $200-$400 more on top of your photography fee and that's still a huge saving over the $1500 for the rented photobooth.

*side-note: I love the blog community and encourage people to explore. I've gotten most of my money-saving, creative juices flowing ideas from other wedding blogs of soon-to-be or recently wed brides. Two heads are better than one.

No comments: